It’s no secret that dogs are the best for a wide array of reasons: they will be a friend to you on your worst days, they help you pick up women at the park, and they never, under any circumstance, would trade you in for a different owner (even if that owner has a bigger lawn and a quieter vacuum cleaner).

If you needed more evidence that dogs are furry deities sent from the Heavens, they can also save your life. And that’s exactly what happened in Red Wing, Minnesota on Saturday morning.

At 1:56 am when the family was fast asleep, the family pooch noticed cimething was awry. Terribly awry. The pup immediately rushed to wake up his masters, who quickly learned that the THEIR HOME WAS ON FIRE!

They immediately called the police, and paramedics responded within five minutes to find the garage fully engulfed in flames, and spreading quickly to the second floor and attic.

Everyone in the house was evacuated safely, including a cat who was administered oxygen before being returned safely to the family.

(That cat’s got a lot of work to do before he can insert himself back into the running for ‘Favorite Pet’).

After two and a half hours, five fire engines and 35 firefighters worked diligently to extinguish the fire. None of the 35 firefighters were harmed.

So I guess the answer to the age-old question ‘who’s a good boy?!’ has finally been answered.

[h/t Fox 9, Photos Courtesy of Red Wing Fire Department]

Please SHARE this with your friends and families!

What do you think?